PETZL Technical Institute Courses
Mobile Fall Arrester (ASAP & ASAP Lock):
Review the roles and applications of mobile fall arresters. Introduce, demonstrate and experiment with the advantages and limitations of various systems. Discuss myths and realities and answer recurring questions.
Petzl EXO Personal Escape System for Firefighters:
Applications, demonstration and practical training in the use of the EXO evacuation system.
I’D and RIG Workshop:
Introduction to the benefits and operation of the Petzl I’D and RIG industrial rope ascender/descenders. Discover the multi-function I’D and RIG industrial rope ascender/descenders and their proper methods of use. Explore the benefits of the I’D/RIG through hands-on experience and drop-test simulations. Compare the I’D and RIG to others systems when used in rescue and descent control applications.
Petzl JAG SYSTEM:
An Emergency Action Plan (EAP) is designed to guide workers in emergency rescue situations. The best way to effectively respond to rescue emergencies is by first identifying its possibility and then rehearsing your reactions. By doing this, you can identify any potential hazardous situations which might prevent you from effecting a quick and safe rescue of a worker who has fallen at height or other incident
The participants in this course shall have already successfully completed Authorized Person or Competent Person Fall Protection training. The main objective of rescue training is to develop an awareness level course designed to enable an Authorized or Competent Person to understand the Rescue or Emergency Action Plan.
The scope of the JAG SYSTEM training is limited to the use of a pre-established rescue systemS and plan. This outline does not apply to professional rescuers or situations where the rescuer must “respond” to an incident without the benefit of pre-planning. Employees are encouraged to assess their rescue needs to determine what level of rescue will be required.
Inspection of Personal Protective Equipment for Work at Height - Competent Person:
Learn to competently examine work-at-height PPE using the Petzl protocol and to create an effective PPE-management system. Information on the legal and regulatory aspects of periodic inspection of personal protective equipment (PPE) for protection against falls from height. Gain knowledge of the responsibilities of directors, health & safety managers, persons responsible for management, inspection or training in the use of PPE for protection against falls from height.
Terms & Conditions
Bookings are regarded as confirmed only upon receipt of a full payment or a company purchase order.
Booking placed by purchase order are binding. Payment will be required in full for the number of candidates and duration of training specified on the order.
Candidates will not be accepted onto a course unless they can demonstrate evidence of compliance with the entry requirements for that course. Such evidence will normally take the form of valid certificate of competence. Candidates will be required to sign to confirm that they meet the pre-entry requirements including a statement of medical fitness prior to the start of the course. If a candidate is unable to meet the pre-entry requirements they may not be able to continue with training and without refund.
Provisional Hold Requests
We may provisionally hold a place for an agreed period of time, payment or purchase order will be required by the agreed date. A provisionally held place is not a booking and after the agreed date for purchase order or payment, may be offered to other candidates/companies.
Course Cancellation Fees
- More than 1 months notice - refunded full amount less administration fee of $150.00 per person
- Between 3-4 weeks notice of course date - 70% refund is given
- Between 2-3 weeks notice of course date - 50% refund is given
- Less than 2 weeks notice of course date - a refund is not available
Course Postponement Fees:
- More than 3 weeks notice - no charge
- Between 2-3 weeks - 20% charge to change
- Between 1-2 weeks - 50% charge to change
- Less than 1 week - 100% charge to change
- If a candidate does not complete the course then a refund is not available.
- Any instructor or admin expenses incurred pre-course commencement will be charged in full for any cancellation or postponement regardless of notice duration.
- Training for work at height may involve physical exertion in conditions of exposure to height. It is essential that all candidates are physically fit and able to carry out the tasks expected of them without risk to themselves or others.
- Impact Access LLC cannot accept bookings for courses involving exposure to height from candidates with medical contra-indications against working at height. A non-exhaustive list of such conditions is given below:
- Heart disease / chest pain and respiratory issues
- High blood pressure
- Epilepsy, fits, blackouts
- Fear of heights / vertigo
- Giddiness / difficulty with balance
- Impaired limb function to include back problems
- Alcohol or drug dependence
- Psychiatric illness / counseling
- It is the responsibility of the individual or organization making the booking to ensure that candidates attending the courses are free of any of the conditions described above or any other medical condition that could impair their ability on the training course to which they have subscribed.
- By submitting a purchase order, the applicant asserts that candidates are physically fit for the intended course. It is unlikely that applicants can be certain of being free of contraindications without a proper examination by a medical Doctor.
- A candidate will be withdrawn immediately and permanently from training by the instructor during any course time should the candidate exhibit ill health or inappropriate horseplay.
Impact Access LLC offers numerous training courses and programs. SPRAT rope access is held in Lititz PA (All levels) - one week of every month.
If you are interested in scheduling a course, or attending an already scheduled course, please contact us.